At the Stein Institute at the University of California, Dr. Dilip V. Jeste studies how an aging brain remains capable of compensating and adjusting. When we are young we use only one side of our brain to process information, often the dominant side. We know this because young children who have traumatic accidents often show signs that the opposite side of the brain takes over to compensate for loss of brain function. In older brains we begin to use both sides of our brain for ordinary activities. This leads researchers to assume that our brains compensate and adjust for loss of brain function in later life, too.
As we age, our brains need a rich environment to continue learning, a strong social network and support from loved ones. We often develop an improved vocabulary and communication skills, insight and compassion (the components of aging wisdom) and what is called domain-specific knowledge. This simply means that we have mastered what we have spent a lifetime honing, whether it’s financial, gardening or teaching skills.
Question by Adreann S: Who are the anime and manga girls who wear wedding dresses, camo wedding dresses ?
I want to wear my wedding dress for an Anime Festival and I dont know who all wears
Posted in Garden Sheds, Outdoor Furniture, Uncategorized
If you’re thinking of buying new furniture for your patio or porch, consider the following:
Appearance usually is the first consideration. With the wide variety of styles available, consider choosing a style that harmonizes with the architectural design of your home.
Comfort is important. Shop at a store that has a display where you can sit in the chairs, relax in the chaise lounges and check the height of tables to make sure they’re functional.
Construction quality is important. It’s best to buy from a reputed company like PeachtreePatio . With resin furniture, a simple test to check the sturdiness of the arms and legs is to lean on the arms of a chair. They should be able to support the weight of an adult without severe bending. The seats and backs of various molded resin chairs, however, are designed to flex to provide additional comfort.
Finishing details are another sign of quality. With resin furniture, there should be no extra plastic flashing on the seams of the chairs or tables. The back and bottom of the pieces should be clean with no mold lines or marks.
Reclining mechanisms of chaise lounges and adjustable chairs should operate easily and lock securely.
For a free brochure about molded resin outdoor furniture,you can visit Total Backyard.
Installing a home play set for the kids? Make sure it’s set up properly to help ensure years of enjoyment for the young ones.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these safety tips for home playground equipment:
- Make sure the surface under the playground is cushioned and absorbent, and extends at least 6 feet on all sides past the play area.
- Make sure the swing seats are made of a softer material, not metal or wood.
- Make sure the equipment is assembled correctly and securely anchored to the ground, with all bolts and screws capped. There should be no parts that are sharp, broken or rusty.
- Make sure the equipment is at least 6 feet away from walls or fences.
- Make sure metal surfaces don’t get too hot.
- Never attach any type of rope to the equipment.
- Don’t allow children to play inappropriately — no twisting, pushing empty swings or walking in front of moving swings.
- Always watch children carefully on playground equipment; don’t allow them to fight, push or shove.
For best and safe play sets do visit www.playgroundmall.com.